Web accessibility enhancement scripts

From: Alistair Garrison <alistair.j.garrison@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:34:43 +0100
To: Eval TF <public-wai-evaltf@w3.org>
Dear All,

How do we handle pages which contain (what I term) "web accessibility enhancement scripts" - scripts used to alter / augment aspects of the loaded user interface in order to try and provide a better user experience for people with disabilities usually executed by the "screen-reader users, click here to" type link e.g. the "screen-reader users, click here to turn off google instant" found at the top of Google’s search page.

Should a page be assessed before "web accessibility enhancement scripts" are run, after they are run, or both? Are they even to be mentioned (section 7???) or encouraged at all?

Seeking thoughts / comments...

Very best regards

Alistair Garrison