Re: validity levels

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 16:41:06 +0200, Johannes Koch
<johannes.koch@fit.fraunhofer.de> wrote:

> Paul Walsh, Segala schrieb:

>> I think these tools are misused, some users assume they can measure
>> compliance, this means 'warning' equals 'pass'. Scary!
>
> That's right. So don't call it warning.

Well, sometimes the warning is that you could do better. Sometimes it is
something that the test cannot determine. Etc.

> But I still see the need for interoperably subclassing the "standard"
> validity levels.

Sure. To be interoperable you have two options. Require consuming
technology to understand RDFS sub-properties and classes, or add both
properties. To add both properties, I think you have two kinds of result,
which I believe is not what we allow currently. (I am not sure what the
logic boffins came up with about whether a result that is duplicated by a
subClass of itself is a different kind of result, but that seems
intuitively likely...)

cheers

chaals@opera.com          Try Opera 9 now! http://opera.com