Re: Accessibility Tests For Stanca Act

At 15:52 30/03/2006, Jon Ribbens wrote:

>Johannes Koch <johannes.koch@fit.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> > >- most importantly, "avoid" in WCAG 1.0 is a guideline for developers,
> > >not a prohibition regarding markup (unlike WCAG 2.0, WCAG 1.0 does not
> > >have success criteria for content, but only guidelines, i.e. advice, to
> > >developers);
> >
> > For me "avoid" means something like "don't use".
>
>I'd say that's fairly uncontroversial seeing as if you have used
>deprecated markup then you have most certainly failed to avoid using
>it!

Deprecated features was not the best example to choose for my argument
(but it's what started the thread).
However, take a look at CP 3.3: "Use style sheets to control layout and
presentation."
Every user agent has a built-in stylesheet or presentation, so you could
argue that the content always passes the checkpoint even if the developer
fails process-wise.
(WCAG 1.0's definition of style sheets says that they may be "built into
user agents" [1].)

Regards,

Christophe

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-WEBCONTENT/#style-sheet