Re: Scope for EARL

At 10.00 23/03/2005, Johannes Koch wrote:
>Yesterday Gabriele asked me if EARL should only be used for accessibility
>test results. I think EARL can be used for other tests, too. What do you think?

    Sorry, that was not exactly the case. I probably did not explain myself
properly, and I apologise for that. :-)

    I was asking you for some clarification about point # 1 (Evaluating a
Web site using tools in different languages), in particular if you were
volountarily referring to the 'general' case, and not just 'accessibility',
given that point # 5's description specifically deals with accessibility
issues (which, IMHO, could be extended to the general case too).

    I know and believe that EARL must be generic. Mine was just a question. :-)

    Also, I asked your opinion about site integrity (broken links and the
like), particularly if it could fall into point #1 (I reckon it could also
fall into use case # 5 if monitored over time): personally, that could be
interesting for me as developer of ht://Check. My intention was to provide
you with more examples and see if the cases I raised could fit into one or
more of the existing categories you have carefully written.

    I apologise again for not having been clear enough with the private
mail. Thank you.

Ciao,
-Gabriele

--
Gabriele Bartolini: Web Programmer, ht://Dig & IWA/HWG Member, ht://Check
and ht://Miner maintainer
 > "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate", Dante Alighieri, Divina
Commedia, Inferno