Re: Against test 9 (d-links)

From: Vicente Luque Centeno <vlc@it.uc3m.es>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 18:26:53 +0200 (CEST)
To: Charles McCN <chaals@opera.com>
Cc: Chris Ridpath <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>, public-wai-ert@w3.org

> By the way, there are various groups working on WCAG 1.0 conformance - for
> example because they have a major windows 95 market, or something similar. If
> you happen to develop a test for something you think is no longer relevant,
> it is probably worth publishing it anyway...
>
> cheers
>
> Chaals

Anyway the example at http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/tests/test9.html
still contradicts http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-HTML-TECHS/#linktext
(provide useful link text). If there are several images we could have
several d-links, i.e, links that share the same text (a "D") but point to
different targets. If I supported that test (I don't), I would improve the
example by adding a mandatory title attribute to every d-link.

So, another question is what should we do with an "accepted" test which
is based on a "deprecated" technique.

Vicente Luque Centeno
Dep. Ingeniería Telemática
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid