Re: Verbose reporting

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 18:32:01 +0200
To: shadi@w3.org
Cc: "public-wai-ert@w3.org" <public-wai-ert@w3.org>

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 18:16:22 +0200, Shadi Abou-Zahra <shadi@w3.org> wrote:

>> Do these approaches break anything?
>  Yes, I think it misses the fact that the different tests may have
> different earl:messages. Apart from that, it's a neat way of summarizing
> "same results".

Oh yeah, that is another limitation. But there are tests where that is OK,
I think, in a summary format. For example hera produces a standard message
for certain automatic tests. So there is no real need to pass it around
every time, if you can look it up as needed.

I should think about how to do that, but I guess it would be some owl
saying that any testresult where the mode is auto, the assertor is hera,
the result is foo, has the message "bar"...

So we could put a pointer to that standard stuff in out results and
simplify them quite a lot. Sweet.

Cheers

Charles McCathieNevile                              chaals@opera.com
   Here's one we prepared earlier:   http://www.opera.com/download