Re: Confidence Claims - more discussion

From: Sailesh Panchang <sailesh.panchang@deque.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 12:54:37 -0400
To: <shadi@w3.org>, "Chris Ridpath" <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>
Cc: <public-wai-ert@w3.org>

Hi,
> I understand your argument. However, what is wrong >with having a huge
(raw) data source so that users can >query to generate customized reports?

Well I think it will be more efficient if only the exceptions or the failure
instances are stored in a database for being queried. So the db will have
"the alt for img1 appears to be very long" and not that "img1 has an alt" .
Also a tool can be configured to perform certain tests during one run and
not do others. This list of tests can be stored and reported.   So one
(human or machine) can look at this report and the report of failed cases
together.
Sailesh Panchang
Senior Accessibility Engineer,
Deque Systems (www.deque.com)
11180 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite # 400,
Reston, Virginia 20191 (U.S.A.)
Tel 703-225-0380 ext 105
E-mail: sailesh.panchang@deque.com