Re: Differences between xhtml basic and other versions of xhtml (in terms of accessibility)

Hi Vicente

Vicente Luque Centeno wrote:

> * Nested tables are forbidden in XHTML Basic (though you can easily find
> a tricky way for validation).

Yes, by using a table within a block-level element like div inside a
table cell element.  At least, the prohibition is mentioned in 1.3.5 of
XHTML Basic 1.0, though not in a normative section.

> * Nested focusable elements are forbidden in XHTML Basic. You can't have
> a "label" tag inside an "a" tag, for instance. I think this is good, in
> order to avoid ambiguity when focusing elements. XHTML Basic clearly
> forbids this

Where? I cannot see this mentioned in the XHTML Basic 1.0 specification.

XHTML Modularization specifies the content type of a as
   (PCDATA | Inline - a)*
and the DTD module _does_ accept label as child of a.

XHTML Modularization specifies the content type of label as
   (PCDATA | Inline - label)*
and the DTD module does not accept a as child of label, however, as you
know, it cannot prohibit a grandchildren of label by means of XML DTD.

The prohibition of label within label and a within a already listed in
XHTML 1.0 (<http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#prohibitions>).

--
Johannes Koch - Competence Center BIKA
Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology (FIT.LIFE)