server-side scripts - was: mockups for TF Web interface

At 14:27 10/02/2009, Christophe Strobbe wrote:
>Hi Shadi,
>
>At 23:35 5/02/2009, Shadi Abou-Zahra wrote:
>>Christophe Strobbe wrote:

>>>One of the goals of this interface is to make the structure and
>>>content reviews easier, especially the automatable parts of the
>>>structure review: XML Schema validation and ISO Schematron
>>>checking. If you have suggestions on how the interface could
>>>support this, please send them to the list.
>>
>>The current idea is to run CVS-triggered scripts when test samples
>>are checked into the repository. These scripts would update the
>>database by entering a new record or modifying an existing one. My
>>hope is that we can build the XML/Schematron validation into these
>>scripts (and record the output of the scripts into the database too).
>>
>>Christophe, do you have such command line scripts? If so, what
>>language and/or environment do they require to run?
>
>My current scripts are all in Apache Ant <http://ant.apache.org/>,
>which requires Java.
>However, there are a number of alternatives for Python:
><http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_build_automation_software>. (I
>have no experience with Python, nor with any of those Python-based tools.)
>
>I've never looked into scripts that are automaticlly triggered by
>CVS checkins. I found something at
><http://tldp.org/REF/CVS-BestPractices/html/section1-serverconfig.html#section2-scripting>
>but we probably need to find out how to trigger Python or PHP scripts.
>
>I looked into ISO Schematron support some time ago and didn't find
>anything for PHP.
>However, there is also the Python-based Amara XML Toolkit:
>
>* Uche Ogbuji: "Introducing the Amara XML Toolkit"
>   <http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2005/01/19/amara.html>
>* Amara XML Toolkit:
>   <http://uche.ogbuji.net:8080/uche.ogbuji.net/tech/4Suite/amara/>,
>* Amara XML Toolkit manual:
>   <http://uche.ogbuji.net:8080/uche.ogbuji.net/tech/4Suite/amara/manual.html>

1. I should have added a link to what I collected at the bottom of
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2008Sep/0011.html>.

2. I hadn't thought of looking into Perl support.

The Perl module xml::schematron predates ISO Schematron and only
seems to support earlier versions (Schematron 1.5?). This is the only
Perl implementation listed at
<http://www.schematron.com/links.html>.
Of course, it is possible to use the XSLT implementation I described at
<http://www.bentoweb.org/refs/TCDL2.0/tsdtf_schematron.html> but with
a Perl module instead of Java. I found Perl modules for XSLT at
* <http://search.cpan.org/~jstowe/XML-XSLT-0.48/lib/XML/XSLT.pm> and
* <http://search.cpan.org/~mlehmann/PApp-1.43/PApp/XSLT/LibXSLT.pm>
(a wrapper for an XSLT implementation).
If W3C is already using Apache AxKit <http://www.axkit.org/>,

3. Regarding XSLT implementations: I also found tutorials for using
Sablotron in PHP:
*
<http://devzone.zend.com/article/1087-Using-Sablotron-to-process-XSLT> (2003),
*