Re: [updated] database tables

Hi,

Christophe Strobbe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At 10:16 10/04/2009, Shadi Abou-Zahra wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Ref: <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/WebInterface/Mockups/tables>
>>
>> I've made few changes to the database tables, I don't think this needs
>> any discussion (this is primarily for archiving purposes):
>>
>> - changed values in the Expected Result table [1] to reflect the
>> latest EARL draft [2]
>>  [1] <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/WebInterface/Mockups/tables#results>
>>  [2] <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL10/WD-EARL10-Schema-20090410>
>

> Apparently, I overlooked an issue here.
>
> In the previous working draft of EARL, we had "pass", "fail",
> "cannotTell", "notApplicable" and "notTested" [1]. The values for
> locations@expectedResult in both TCDL 1.0 and TCDL 2.0 were "pass",
> "fail", "cannotTell" and "notApplicable" [2], so they mapped perfectly
> to the values in EARL. If I remember correctly, the previous version of
> the database design used these values to support easy mapping between
> TCDL and the database [3].
> The values in the current editor's draft are "passed", "failed",
> "cantTell", "inapplicable" and "untested" [4].
> Why should we have to change the values in our database if the goal was
> to have interoperability with the TCDL format?
>
> [1] <http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-EARL10-Schema-20070323/#outcomevalue>
> [2] <http://bentoweb.org/refs/TCDL2.0.html#edef-locations>
> [3]
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2009Mar/0005.html>
>
> [4]
> <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/EARL10/WD-EARL10-Schema-20090410#OutcomeValue>

When we adopted these terms we knew we may run into issues because EARL
is still in draft stage. For now I suggest that we keep all metadata as
is but change the DB values to reflect the latest EARL draft. I can map
these values, so that we won't need to change the metadata (or TCDL).

Once EARL is finalized then we can reassess the situation.

Best,
   Shadi