Re: [reminder] database design

Hi Christophe, all,

Sorry for the late response. I was knocked out with a bad cold and am
slowly catching up. Please find some responses below:

Christophe Strobbe wrote:
> Hi Shadi,
>

> At 09:46 13/03/2009, Shadi Abou-Zahra wrote:
>> Dear Group,
>>
>> Ref: <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/WebInterface/Mockups/tables>
>>
>> Last chance to review the database design before I start implementing.
>

> Thanks for the reminder.
>
> Below are a few comments:
>
> * table Technique (tnqs)
> Is the URI of the technique a dated URI? The WCAG WG is addressing
> comments on the techniques document and there will be a few changes when
> the next version is published (examples deleted or modified, new
> techniques, ...).

Good point. I will use the URI provided by the href-attribute in the
<technique> element of the metadata file. I can do a check that it
points to the dated version of the Techniques document.

> * table Technology (techs)
> Some test samples use technologies that don't have very stable URLs
> (hint: Microsoft media formats). Are we going to update those URLs when
> they change? (In the past I even considered using Wikipedia URLs to
> replace those unstable ones. In TCDL 2.0 we added the mediatype
> attribute, which is also useful if a single URL refers to content about
> different media types.)

OK, I'll make this optional. If a URI is provided by the href-attribute
of the <technicalSpec> (or <specReference>) element, then this is used.
Otherwise the value is null, and the application won't choke over it.

> * table Expected Result (results)
> Do we want these values to match those in TCDL? If yes, can we replace
> "N/A" with "notApplicable"?
> (<http://bentoweb.org/refs/TCDL2.0.html#adef-expectedresult>)

Yes, this would also make it compatible with EARL. Good catch, thanks.

I've updated the page accordingly.

Best,
   Shadi