Re: Non-substantive CR and Director's decision

On 2015-11-12 07:02, Chaals McCathie Nevile wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 15:16:56 +0100, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
> wrote:
>
>> The Process indicates the following:
>> [[
>> If there are any substantive changes made to a Candidate
>> Recommendation other than to remove features explicitly identified as
>> "at risk", the Working Group must obtain the Director's approval to
>> publish a revision of a Candidate Recommendation. This is because
>> substantive changes will generally require a new Exclusion
>> Opportunity per section 4 of the W3C Patent Policy [PUB33]. Note that
>> approval is expected to be fairly simple compared to getting approval
>> for a transition from Working Draft to Candidate Recommendation.
>> ]]
>> http://www.w3.org/2015/Process-20150901/#revised-cr
>>
>> My understanding is that the W3C Process allows the publication of a
>> revised candidate recommendation *without* Director's approval if
>> there are *no substantive changes*. It would also mean that no call
>> for exclusions are issued as well.
>>
>> Is that a correct understanding?

I think it clearly says that if there are no substantive changes or if
the substantive changes are removing "at risk" sections, then you can
publish without Director's approval.

Otherwise it would make no sense to have "substantive " in the
sentence.  It would say  if there are "any changes" other than removing
at risk, you need the Director.