Proposal to deprecate w3c/using-github

From: Antonio Olmo Titos <antonio@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 11:33:01 +0100
To: public-w3process <public-w3process@w3.org>, Systeam <w3t-sys@w3.org>, Philippe <plh@w3.org>
Hello

There is a lot of overlap between these projects and their respective
gh-published documents:

• https://github.com/w3c/w3c.github.iohttps://github.com/w3c/modern-toolinghttps://github.com/w3c/using-github

I suggest we deprecate the latter.
There are 3 commits only, all done last April.
There have been no new issues or PRs since April either (with one
exception).
My attempt at drafting a document there [
https://w3c.github.io/using-github/ ] is now superseded by the Modern
Tooling report [ https://w3c.github.io/modern-tooling/ ].

I propose we tackle the 7 pending issues there [
https://github.com/w3c/using-github/issues ] and keep the repo for
historical reference and to avoid broken links, but mark it clearly as
“obsolete” to avoid confusions in the future.

--
Antonio Olmo Titos
  web developer, W3C