Re: CfC: create a public list to announce new publications; deadline Oct 15

On 10/8/14 10:41 AM, Jeff Jaffe wrote:

> On 10/8/2014 7:09 AM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
>> In the spirit of facilitating and increasing the likelihood of early
>> and wide document reviews, a number of people in thread [1] voiced
>> support for creating a Public list the Publications team would use to
>> announce publications of FPWDs, LCWDs, 2014-preCRs and CRs. This is a
>> Call for Consensus (CfC) to create such a list and for the
>> Publications team to use it when these types of documents are published.
>>
>> If anyone has any comments or concerns about this CfC, please reply
>> by Oct 15.
>
> I support this proposal.  We may need more [2], but this would be a
> good start.

I didn't see any objections to this CfC and I added the requests from
David, Tim and others for what I'd characterize as "dashboard like"
solutions to the [Dashboard] wiki.

WRT moving forward with this proposal, do you want me to ask SysReq to
create public-review-announce or should I create an action for you or
someone else? After the list is created, I'll update [DocumentReview]
accordingly.

After that, someone should notify the chairs list about the new list's
availability and expected usage. (I can do this if you want but am happy
to defer to staff.)

-AB

[Dashboard] https://www.w3.org/wiki/Dashboard#Document_Review_Dashboard
[DocumentReview] https://www.w3.org/wiki/DocumentReview