RE: create a public list to announce new publications; deadline Oct 15

Art,
I think a CfC on a mailing list is premature because there are, as far as I can see, some important questions that still need to be answered before implementing a scheme. The discussion of the topic has raised a number of issues, such as what is the best way to do notifications (push, pull, both, calendars, ...). What do the notifications mean? It was suggested that the Team be responsible for doing the notification, but that would seem to require some consistency of usage of the mechanism. The CSS WG, for example, often requests (on www-style) reviews of major changes of a single feature. Would this list be appropriate for such announcements?

Finally, this discussion has taken place on public-w3process, but the most people most affected by this proposal are on the Chairs mailing list. Would not that list be a more appropriate place to do a CfC?

Steve Z