Re: Updated [Was: UI Mockup [Was: CfC: create a public list to announce new publications; deadline Oct 15]]

On Nov 9, 2014, at 10:02 AM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/6/14 9:01 PM, Ian Jacobs wrote:

>>> Hi Art,
>>>
>>> Here's a rudimentary UI to make it easier for chairs and team contacts to send these review notices:
>>> http://www.w3.org/2014/11/getreview/
>
> Nigel made his original post about the lack of let's say "guidelines" nearly six weeks ago. It would be good if we could get to a point where proposals (like this one) that don't get blocked by "OMG, will doing X risk loosing full member Y?"

Hi Art,

Did someone actually say that during the course of these discussions? I may have missed that comment.

What I do know is that the request happened just before TPAC, when the staff is very busy. Since TPAC
I have been working on this tool and getting feedback on this public list.

> just get implemented (and iterated if/when necessary). As such, I recommend you put this service online toady and let's see what happens. I note too that since Nigel's request, 7 LCWDs have been published and thus not announced. I can't tell from a first level scan of TR/tr-date-drafts/ if any FPWDs or PD2014 pre-CRs have been published since  his posting.
>
> [BTW, it's a bug that tr-date-drafts does not explicitly identify FPWDs

I can ask the Systems Team to add "First" to the status column.

> and pre-CRs. And speaking of "pre-CR" that seems like a horrible name (and I acknowledge I could be the originator)].

> Anyhow, as to this service, I would separate the WGs and IGs into separate lists (it's a bit funky to see all of the WGs in alpha order and the IGs appended at the end, although addressing this is certainly not a showstopper.)

Ok, I've split them.

> I also recommend all XG Final Report publications get announced on this list. (I think this is especially important if the Consortium does indeed move to a work flow where the creation of a new WG is blocked until all of its REC track deliverables have some type of "spec" available.)

I'm not sure I understand the parenthetical comment.

>> Anything else to add to the FAQ?
>
> I recommend you move the FAQ to a wiki document the `community` can evolve over time.

Fantasai argued against this. I propose we leave in one place for now and see how it evolves.

Ian

Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447