Re: Suggested edits [Was: Analysis of redundancy of text on Notes in draft Chapter 7]

On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 20:08:28 +0100, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> wrote:
> On Feb 17, 2014, at 12:57 PM, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> wrote:
>> On Feb 17, 2014, at 12:52 PM, "Charles McCathie Nevile"
>> <chaals@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
>>
>>> On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 19:25:33 +0100, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> wrote:
[...]
>>> Before you do, please look at the 14 feb draft (or the one I will push
>>> tonight, but on notes they are the same), where I revised the text as
>>> explained in the previous dicsussion on this topic.
>
> I looked at the 14 Feb draft.

Thank you. Note that the changes discussed below will be applied to the
February 18 draft. Please refer to that for further suggestions.

> * 7.1: Comments still apply.

>> Change the whole section "Groups....historical reference." to:
>>
>>  Groups may also publish other material as <a href="#WGNote">W3C
>> Notes</a> for informative, administrative, and historical purposes.

I left a bit more text to illustrate what these purposes might be. I left
out the link - there is one immediately above.

> * 7.1.2: Add to the end of your text: "A Note has no  formal standing as
> a W3C Recommendation. " I think this text makes sense here rather than
> elsewhere because it is part of a definition of the maturity level.

Yes. But I worded it differently. There are Notes which are (small-R)
recommendations, such as good practices guides and techniques.

> * 7.3.3: Comments still apply (that is: no change required)

Done ;)

> * 7.8 Publishing a Working Group or Interest Group Note: Your text looks
> fine. You put the bulk of the examples here (I had them
>     in the definition but it's ok to list them here instead) and also
> added the "prior publication" bullet point which I had wanted.
>    You may still want a cross ref from this section to the definition of
> Note.

No, I really don't. The chapter isn't that big, and too many cross
references end up being confusing instead of helpful. So unless someone
really does want one, I won't put one in.

> Thanks!

Thank you for the feedback

Chaals