Re: Ian Jacobs comments [Was: New draft - please review]

In which I confirm that I have now looked over the outstanding comment in
this mail, viz.

On Tue, 11 Feb 2014 06:41:15 +0100, Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org> wrote:

> - Four separate sections of the document talk about Notes: 7.1 (2
>   paragraphs), 7.1.2 (1 paragraph), 7.3.3 (1 paragraph), and 7.8 (a
>   few more paragraphs). I believe you can consolidate all this text
>   and remove some of the redundancy. I am happy to propose concrete
>   edits if you think that would be useful.

Most of the trimming happened in 7.1.2 (maturity levels). I don't think
consolidating everything makes sense - the relevatnt sections describe how
notes fit into
  - the overall development process
  - the different types of Technical Reports published
  - what happens when work is abandoned, and
  - a section describing what has to be done to make a Note (not much) and
what can be a Note (most things).

Moving the first three sections into the fourth would be inconsistent with
the general structure of the document - and vice versa.

If you think this should be further addressed, please raise an issue.

cheers

chaals