Re: First Draft of W3C version of URL Spec

On 8/31/2014 12:44 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> I want you to respect my request that you stop copying our work.
> That's all. It's the copying of the work that's the primary sign of
> the W3C's disrespect for us and our work.

We've discussed this many times as the HTML partnership has evolved over
the years.  Most recently was 10 months ago.  You had raised issues
about there being confusion between the specs.  W3C is publishing a
differences document [1] to help clarify the confusion.

I'm sorry that you view this as disrespect.  I've expressed many times
my views why this is  not the case, but obviously I have not succeeded
in making my case to your satisfaction.

Jeff

[1] http://www.w3.org/html/landscape/