Re: First Draft of W3C version of URL Spec

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 09:44:58 -0700
To: Jeff Jaffe <jeff@w3.org>
Cc: public-w3process@w3.org
On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 7:22 PM, Jeff Jaffe <jeff@w3.org> wrote:

> I feel bad about the perceived disrespect.

There's no such thing as "perceived disrespect". It's just "disrespect".

> There was no disrespect intended.

Whether it's intended or not is not in question.

> You deserve credit for your work.

You're entirely missing the point. I couldn't care less about the credit.

I want you to respect my request that you stop copying our work.
That's all. It's the copying of the work that's the primary sign of
the W3C's disrespect for us and our work.

--
Ian Hickson