getting external review of W3C process changes

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 14:30:54 +0000
To: Revising W3C Process Community Group <public-w3process@w3.org>
My simple suggestion is to explicitly ask for W3C liaison organizations to review proposed changes to W3C process and/or the (revised) process document. In particular, ask folks working on IETF, ISO, ECMA, and other standards groups -- especially those in charge of specifications that are critically part of the web platform -- to give feedback.

Other standards groups should be able to understand and align their own processes to W3C's.

I know IETF has been working to reduce the complexity of the IETF process.

Things like whether W3C calls something a "Recommendation" or a "Standard" probably matter more to those who want to make normative reference to W3C specs (as happens in IETF frequently).

I can suggest individuals who I think might be willing to engage in a constructive dialog.