Re: getting external review of W3C process changes

On Thu, 05 Dec 2013 15:30:54 +0100, Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
wrote:

> My simple suggestion is to explicitly ask for W3C liaison organizations
> to review proposed changes to W3C process and/or the (revised) process
> document.

Yes. That would seem the obvious path. W3C even helpfully tracks those.

> In particular, ask folks working on IETF, ISO, ECMA, and other standards
> groups -- especially those in charge of specifications that are
> critically part of the web platform -- to give feedback.
>
> Other standards groups should be able to understand and align their own
> processes to W3C's.
>
> I know IETF has been working to reduce the complexity of the IETF
> process.
>
> Things like whether W3C calls something a "Recommendation" or a
> "Standard" probably matter more to those who want to make normative
> reference to W3C specs (as happens in IETF frequently).
>
> I can suggest individuals who I think might be willing to engage in a
> constructive dialog.

That would be great. But now this effort is taking place in public I would
encourage you just to contact them directly.

(This is ISSUE-69 for tracker).

cheers

Chaals