Re: Spec organizations and prioritization

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 18:58:50 +0100
To: "Dominique Hazael-Massieux" <dom@w3.org>
Cc: public-w3process <public-w3process@w3.org>
On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 17:50:45 +0100, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
> I assume the technical content of the snapshot wouldn't change from your
> PPPR status to PP Rec, right?

> What about implementation experience on the said snapshot? My (possibly
> wrong) understanding is that companies wouldn't want to license stuff
> that isn't actually used.

That does not seem to have been a problem with many Recommendations to
date where maybe one or two companies have an implementation of sorts, but
most don't. If that is actually a problem we could use stability markers
(which W3C should really copy from WHATWG) to reduce scope, but the
simpler process the better imo.

Anne van Kesteren