Re: End-of-lifing dead documents in /TR/

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 10:02:07 +0100
To: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Cc: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, public-w3process@w3.org
Le mercredi 16 novembre 2011 à 22:36 +0100, Robin Berjon a écrit :
> Right. Ideally this would be low impact. A chair should be able to
> email webreq to ask to deaden a document and the webmaster would just
> press a button that would flip the style sheet on the document and
> inject some boilerplate (or the chair could do it directly, but gating
> it might be preferable — I don't know). As a separate project we could
> have a heartbot monitor /TR/ for documents that haven't been updated
> in more than a given amount of time, and email the group about it.

FWIW, I had built such a tool based on tr.rdf data; and more recently,
Bjoern Hoermann did another run of his similar tool, see the second part
of http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2011Nov/0008.html
        Ah, as I am on it, I might aswell check if my old heartbeat
        script is
        http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2006Aug/0010.html still working. Apparently so, these groups would appear to be late:

          * SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group
          * Protocols and Formats Working Group
          * Web Notification Working Group
          * Media Fragments Working Group
          * XML Processing Model Working Group
          * Evaluation and Repair Tools Working Group
          * Points of Interest Working Group
          * RDF Web Applications Working Group
          * XSLT Working Group
          * XML Query Working Group
          * Geolocation Working Group
          * Media Annotations Working Group
          * User Agent Accessibility Guidelines Working Group
          * Authoring Tool Accessibility Guidelines Working Group
          * XML Schema Working Group
          * WebFonts Working Group

Dom