Re: End-of-lifing dead documents in /TR/

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 22:36:12 +0100
Cc: public-w3process@w3.org
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
On Nov 16, 2011, at 21:33 , fantasai wrote:
> I'd also say that relying on JavaScript for important information
> is probably not the best idea ever. If it's important, it should
> be in the document's content.

Right. Ideally this would be low impact. A chair should be able to email webreq to ask to deaden a document and the webmaster would just press a button that would flip the style sheet on the document and inject some boilerplate (or the chair could do it directly, but gating it might be preferable  I don't know). As a separate project we could have a heartbot monitor /TR/ for documents that haven't been updated in more than a given amount of time, and email the group about it.