Digest of W3C news and trends

From: Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 12:24:21 +0100
To: public-w3c-digest@w3.org

This is the 6-16 November 2012 edition of a "digest of W3C news and
trends" that the W3C Communications Team prepares for the W3C Membership
and public-w3c-digest mailing list (publicly archived [1]) [sent
separately]. This digest aggregates information about W3C from online
media, a snapshot of how W3C and its work is apprehended in online media.

We are back to weekly in the next edition.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-w3c-digest/

Notably this week:

- 1800 stories about W3C on Twitter in 7 days.
- 3600 mentions of W3C in 10 days.
- net increase of 700 Twitter followers in 10 days.
- 18 posts that dlvr.it posted to StatusNet, Twitter and Facebook between
Nov 06 - Nov 13 got 33.5K clicks, delivered to 55.8K connections.

Below is the compilation of what I harvested monitoring the
(micro)blogosphere and press.

W3C-related Twitter buzz
[Things that were tweeted frequently, things that caught my attention, etc.
  Most *recent* first (popularity is flagged with the figure between
parenthesis —that is the number of times the same URIs or tweet was

* (29) Canditate Recommendation: Content Security Policy 1.0, via

* (101) Lea Verou’s article: Hot in web standards: September/October 2012

* (36) IEBlog: W3C Charters Pointer Events Working Group

* (13) Agenda of W3C Web and Automotive Workshop

* (29) W3C Blog: W3C and Digital Publishing

* (40) Agenda of W3C Workshop on Web Performance

* (15) W3C Mobile Web and Application Best Practices course . Early-bird
165 euros till 9 Jan.

* (40) Announcing New Co-Facilitators for the HTML-A11Y Task

* (60) CSS Grid Layout Working Draft

W3C in the Press (or some blogs)

Of the 25 articles that I added to our Press Clippings page, the
highlights are:

  * HTML5 adoption / Open Web Platform (8 articles)
  * Do Not Track (5 articles)
  * SPARQL, Semantic Web (3 articles)

Below is a selection of articles.

[Most recent first.
  title, source (date), link.
  Find keywords and the full list of articles on our Press clippings page:
  http://www.w3.org/Press/Articles ]

    SPARQL Moves Closer
    I Programmer (15 November)

    Brightcove CEO slams Facebook, wants end to “wars” over platforms
    Gigaom (15 November)

    Microsoft Brings Internet Explorer 10 Preview To Windows 7 PCs
    TechCrunch (13 November)

    Interview with Robin Berjon, HTML5 editor
    HTML5 Doctor (13 November)

    Is HTML5 adoption the real deal for developers?
    Developer Tech (9 November)

    Bistri : la jeune pousse française qui mise sur WebRTC (Bistri: the
French start-up that focuses on WebRTC)
    Clubic (8 November)

    WebRTC: “Revolutionary,” or All Hype? (Part 1)
    Unified Communications Strategies (8 November)

    Do Not Track finally arrives with version 23 of Chrome
    Ars Technica (7 November)

    HTML5 Adoption Hype
    Kendo UI (6 November)

    HTML5 and the future of the web
    TechWorld.com (5 November)

    U.K. Government Embraces Openness
    The Wall Street Journal - Tech Europe (2 November)

   Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Communications Team  -  http://www.w3.org
      W3C/ERCIM - B219 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06410 Biot - FR
mailto:coralie@w3.org +33492387590 http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/