Re: ItemList proposal

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 20:08:13 +0100
To: Jarno van Driel <jarnovandriel@gmail.com>
Cc: "Jason Johnson (BING)" <jasjoh@microsoft.com>, Vicki Tardif Holland <vtardif@google.com>, PublicVocabs <public-vocabs@w3.org>
On 11 September 2014 19:12, Jarno van Driel <jarnovandriel@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why not just leave itemListElement the way it is. I know it's a clumsy name
> but doesn't changing it just about any ItemList out there no longer is
> correct?

Yeah, we do try to avoid ontological vanity. If it's a choice between
us thinking "oh dear, that could've been better named" and 1000s of
sites having already adopted something even if awkwardly designed, we
lean towards being a bit ugly and living with the deployed reality.
Unless there's a serious usability/intelligibility benefit, or it's
part of a larger consistency cleanup. In this case it's not sounding
like we've a strong enough case for renaming - so I think you're
right. Jason/Vicki, any objections to restoring itemListElement?