Re: ItemList proposal

From: Vicki Tardif Holland <vtardif@google.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2014 15:18:08 -0400
To: Jarno van Driel <jarnovandriel@gmail.com>
Cc: PublicVocabs <public-vocabs@w3.org>
On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 2:41 PM, Jarno van Driel <jarnovandriel@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Any feedback on my proposal for ListItem only being used as a Multi-Type
> Entity and dropping the 'item' property on ListItem? (
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/2014Aug/0112.html)

Forgive me; I knew there was something in this area I was missing.

I like the idea. There are many places we should encourage using multiple
types. The example I keep coming back to is I may have an Offer to sell a
book, at which point, I may want to use both the Book type and the Product
type on the same entity. Authors don't seem to use multiple types much, but
I wonder if that is because we don't give them clear examples of how and
when to do that.

Perhaps this is a good time to force multiple types on the same entity.

- Vicki

Vicki Tardif Holland | Ontologist | vtardif@google.com