Re: ItemList proposal

From: Vicki Tardif Holland <vtardif@google.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2014 15:26:40 -0400
To: "Wallis,Richard" <Richard.Wallis@oclc.org>
Cc: "<public-vocabs@w3.org>" <public-vocabs@w3.org>
On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 4:31 PM, Wallis,Richard <Richard.Wallis@oclc.org>
wrote:

> Liking the structure - a few comments:
>

>    - ItemList - I would have thought ‘creator' would be more generic than
>    ‘author’
>    - Similarly ‘dateCreated’ instead of  ‘datePublished’
>    - ListItem - ‘positionBasis’ sounds like the already defined
>    ‘position’, however it would lead to  an even more apparent naming
>    confusion between the potion oriented properties.

I suspect people are choosing "author" because they are thinking of the
ItemList as a written work, and author is a more natural term there than
author.

>  For the more creative lists I thing we will need a Type which has both
> ItemList and CreativeWork - a ‘CreativeItemList’?

The purist in me dislikes hybrid types, but I am aware that they are a
confusing for people not steeped in data schemas. My biggest goal is to
preserve the model in use if possible while expanding the semantics as
necessary.

- Vicki

Vicki Tardif Holland | Ontologist | vtardif@google.com