Re: 2014 Sports Proposal - V3

From: Vicki Tardif Holland <vtardif@google.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 15:12:24 -0400
To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfpschneider@gmail.com>
Cc: Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com>, Tom Grahame <tom.grahame@bbc.co.uk>, PublicVocabs <public-vocabs@w3.org>, "Jason Johnson (BING)" <jasjoh@microsoft.com>
As everyone has pointed out, sports (including the question of "What is a
sport?"), gets complicated very quickly with many, many corner cases.

The original sports collaboration working group debated all of these
questions (and more) and ultimately decided to offer a schema that would
serve the 99% case of modeling who played what and what was the result.
Everyone who participated assumed we would need to revisit the schema to
augment it for particular sports or situations.

I don't want to suppress the discussion, just to say that this is a large
domain and it is easy to get lost in the weeds.

- Vicki

Vicki Tardif Holland | Ontologist | vtardif@google.com