Re: Socialnetworks of a person or organization

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 11:04 AM, Matthias Tylkowski <
matthias@binarypark.org> wrote:

>  Maybe SocialAccount and Account in general is not the right direction
> to  go. Account data itself is usually private data and in a private place
> (only visible for logged in people or admin).
> No one (correct me if I'm wrong) would want to markup username and
> password and what would be the benefit?

I don't think schema.org should limit itself to public data only (the data
search engines can harvest). There are cases where it could be useful to
model private account data with schema.org terms such as username and
password hash in a private database. I'm not saying we should add these to
this proposal, but simply that we should design this to be future proof and
not be too restrictive.

> In my View behind an Account is always a Person, either with real or fake
> data, but in concept it is about a Person.

Some accounts could be shared and/or have an organization behind them. Some
accounts could be used by a bot to perform operations or harvest data on a
site requiring authentication.

> The Idea behind the SocialAccount proposal was to markup where a
> information about one Person can be found.
> "Look I'm on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook"

I think this can be modeled easily with the socialAccount property you are
proposing, even if the type is Account (encompassing accounts held by real
person, bots and all other use cases).

Steph.

--
Steph.