Re: Socialnetworks of a person or organization

Am 24.01.2014 17:30, schrieb Stéphane Corlosquet:

> On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 11:04 AM, Matthias Tylkowski
> <matthias@binarypark.org <mailto:matthias@binarypark.org>> wrote:
>
>     Maybe SocialAccount and Account in general is not the right
>     direction to  go. Account data itself is usually private data and
>     in a private place  (only visible for logged in people or admin).
>     No one (correct me if I'm wrong) would want to markup username and
>     password and what would be the benefit?
>

> I don't think schema.org <http://schema.org> should limit itself to
> public data only (the data search engines can harvest). There are
> cases where it could be useful to model private account data with
> schema.org <http://schema.org> terms such as username and password
> hash in a private database. I'm not saying we should add these to this
> proposal, but simply that we should design this to be future proof and
> not be too restrictive.

How an someone will handle private data is up to one self. Private
matters should also be part of a "private schema" which can be achieved
using the extension mechanism (http://schema.org/docs/extension.html)
and does not necessarily have to be part of the common schema of
schema.org.

>     In my View behind an Account is always a Person, either with real
>     or fake data, but in concept it is about a Person.
>

> Some accounts could be shared and/or have an organization behind them.

Agreed.

> Some accounts could be used by a bot to perform operations or harvest
> data on a site requiring authentication.

The question is why a bot would need markup? I agree that schema.org
should be as general as possible, but there should be a limit as it will
just grow in complexity.

--
Technischer Leiter
Binarypark UG (haftungsbeschränkt)