Re: any idea for Plural, Singular, gender properties to add on a skos-xl:label

From: Simon Spero <sesuncedu@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 19:53:46 -0400
To: jean delahousse <delahousse.jean@gmail.com>
Cc: "public-vocabs@w3.org" <public-vocabs@w3.org>
Given the context, I'm assuming you are looking for lexical properties

Would GOLD be suitable? http://linguistics-ontology.org/gold

That has concepts for Number, given as sub classes of:
http://linguistics-ontology.org/gold/2010/NumberProperty

These subclasses  include:  singular, plural, dual, trial, paucal, greater
paucal, greater plural, and multal

Grammatical Genders are subclasses of
http://purl.org/linguistics/gold/GenderProperty

These subclasses include: masculine, feminine, neuter, animate, inanimate,
human, and vegetable.  They also include roman and arabic numeral genders.

There are issues in the translation to OWL (many of the classes should be
individuals), but can be dealt with through punning.  Course, round these
here parts, semantics is as semantics does.

Simon

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 11:31 AM, jean delahousse <delahousse.jean@gmail.com