Re: working of schema.org/WebPage

I'm also trying to get a better understanding of the mechanisms at play in
relation to the use/declaration of WebPage and other CreativeWork types on
the same page.

My query comes about as a result of seeing a growing number of CMS plugin
and theme developers, who want to help business owners (not developers)
expose structured data in their sites, who are adding itemscope
itemtype="http://schema.org/WebPage" and also itemscope
itemtype="http://schema.org/Article" into the head and or body.

My understanding was that a 'page' of content should be, as an example,
one of either WebPage, Article, Blog, AboutPage types etc. but not more or
all. Can or should a page of content be more than one type?

By way of an example see the following sample:

One thing that particularly intrigued me with the above sample was that
the Yandex structured data validator pulled out all three types but the
Google SDTT failed to detect the blog type.

thanks

Kevin