Re: Schema.org site updates: Added RDFa and JSON-LD incoming properties

From: Dan Scott <dan@coffeecode.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 11:12:59 -0400
To: Jarno van Driel <jarno@quantumspork.nl>
Cc: "Wallis,Richard" <Richard.Wallis@oclc.org>, Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>, "<public-vocabs@w3.org>" <public-vocabs@w3.org>
On Fri, Apr 04, 2014 at 04:52:04PM +0200, Jarno van Driel wrote:
>First off, great news, the new format adds a lot of value. Especially the
>reversed order of Types makes for less scrolling.
>
>Now as for the bugs, the JSON-LD examples seem to be full of escape
>characters (\) and newlines (\n). I guess something went wrong when
>converting.

So for an example, http://schema.org/MedicalScholarlyArticle has an embedded
newline in the top-level "name" element. That's valid JSON, but I
guess you're suggesting that that newline is an artifact of the
microdata version having line-wrapped strictly for formatting purposes
and that the automated conversion to JSON-LD should collapse all
whitespace (including newlines) into a single space?

If you can provide links to other examples that have different escape
characters, that would probably help.