Re: Schema.org site updates: Added RDFa and JSON-LD incoming properties

From: Dan Scott <dan@coffeecode.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 10:59:00 -0400
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>
Cc: W3C Web Schemas Task Force <public-vocabs@w3.org>
On Fri, Apr 04, 2014 at 03:16:32PM +0100, Dan Brickley wrote:
>First up: I've just pushed a new version of the site with fixes for a)
>missing acknowledgements b) proper titles c) the
>supertypes/breadcrumbs problem.
>
>Does http://schema.org/NewsArticle look better?

It certainly does! (Aside: this particular page needs an example, which
would hopefully *ahem* show why headline/alternativeHeadline are
needed in addition to name/alternateName and how they should be used,
but the need for examples on this page predates the new version of the
site...)

>There are a few more little things to fix asap but we wanted to cut
>over to the new site asap to make releases easier...

One more thing I noticed: I'm currently getting a 404 for
http://schema.org/docs/schema_org_rdfa.html (which is still linked from
http://schema.org/docs/datamodel.html).

Oh, and one more one more thing: while I appreciate that the
single-line-of-HTML approach for the property tables saves a few
transfer bytes, it would be a lot easier to diff versions if there were
linefeeds for each <tr>. That said, if it doesn't happen we can always
handle that on the client side :)

Related to the previous paragraph, trying to mirror the site so that I
can check for significant changes with "wget --mirror" results in a lot
of "405 method not allowed" errors. Again, these last two issues won't
affect most people, so you can obviously consider them a very low
priority :)

Thanks again, Dan!