Civic Services Schema - Andrew Clark

From: Andrew Clark <andrewrclark@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 15:21:01 +1000
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
Hi Danbri

My name is Andrew Clark and I am currently looking  at the Civic
Services proposal as a way of sharing information about disability
services. I have a couple of questions / comments.

- How does the schema deal with Government out sourced services to NGOs.
Is it possible to a field that relates to funding source for a service /
channel type.  For example;

- Organisation Name - Hope Services

- Service Type - Respite Care

- Funding Source - X Government or X Funding program

The rational for this is many human services / programs within Australia
are out sourced to NGOs. So to understand service need to understand
primary  funding source for a particular service or program. Not
necessarily the organisation which may have multiple funding sources.

-What linkages do you see this schema having the potential to link with
other international data sets / models. For instance International
Classification of Function (ICF) has health and disability models and
definitions . (http://www.who.int/classifications/icf/en/) At there
highest level these classifications are potentially very helpful with
service type / target population descriptors. For example Using ICF,
service could be described as  providing -  Self Care Assistance

- How would I become more involved in more detailed discussion re this
schema and associated wiki page

- Lastly what is process for schema moving from draft / proposal to
accepted. It is unclear in documentation.

Thanks

Andrew Clark