Re: Civic Services Schema - Andrew Clark

Hi Andrew,

I'm not Dan but your post is of interest to me too so I'll chime in -
sorry I only just noticed it from last week. You mention a few other
relevant pieces of work in this area. Can I draw your attention to one
the European Commission has published - the Core Public Services
Vocabulary, CPSV [1]

Many of the ideas in that are included in the proposal to schema.org but
others aren't - at least, not for now. For example, public services
usually operate according to a set of rules and service levels (if you
apply for a driver's licence you should get a reply within X working
days) or whatever. Those rules are usually an implementation mechanism
for one or more piece of legislation. In the CPSV we call those concepts
Rule and FormalFramework respectively.

In answer to your specific question, CPSV would use dcterms:type to link
from the service to a those ICF terms expressed as a SKOS concept scheme
(ideally one published by WHO).

How do you become more involved in the process? You're doing it.
Discussion on this mailing list *is* the process :-)

Cheers

Phil.

[1]
https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/asset/core_public_service/asset_release/core-public-service-vocabulary-0