Re: Civic Services Schema - Andrew Clark

From: John Novatnack <jnovatnack@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 11:55:43 -0400
To: Andrew Clark <andrewrclark@mac.com>
Cc: public-vocabs@w3.org
Hi,

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 1:21 AM, Andrew Clark <andrewrclark@mac.com> wrote:

> Hi Danbri
>
> My name is Andrew Clark and I am currently looking  at the Civic Services
> proposal as a way of sharing information about disability services. I have
> a couple of questions / comments.
>
> - How does the schema deal with Government out sourced services to NGOs.
> Is it possible to a field that relates to funding source for a service /
> channel type.  For example;
>
> - Organisation Name - Hope Services
>
> - Service Type - Respite Care
>
> - Funding Source - X Government or X Funding program

The rational for this is many human services / programs within Australia
> are out sourced to NGOs. So to understand service need to understand
> primary  funding source for a particular service or program. Not
> necessarily the organisation which may have multiple funding sources.

This is the idea behind the "provider" and "operator" properties on
GovernmentService.  The operator would be the NGO, where the provider would
be the organization/agency that is funding the service.

> -What linkages do you see this schema having the potential to link with
> other international data sets / models. For instance International
> Classification of Function (ICF) has health and disability models and
> definitions . (http://www.who.int/**classifications/icf/en/<http://www.who.int/classifications/icf/en/>)
> At there highest level these classifications are potentially very helpful
> with service type / target population descriptors. For example Using ICF,
> service could be described as  providing -  Self Care Assistance

This is one reason why there are serviceType and serviceTypeTaxonomy
properties for external classifications.  The audienceType property on
CivicAudience and BusinessAudience could also be useful for referencing
external standards.

> - How would I become more involved in more detailed discussion re this
> schema and associated wiki page

Other feedback on this list is very welcome.