LocalBusinessDepartment proposal for schema.org.

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 16:23:44 +0000
To: W3C Web Schemas Task Force <public-vocabs@w3.org>
Here's a draft of a proposal for a LocalBusinessDepartment addition to
schema.org. It is pretty small. Basic idea is that some larger 'local
businesses' have a variety of named departments, which are worth
describing as independent entities (e.g. opening hours etc.).

http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/LocalBusinessDepartment

The suggestion is for one new type, LocalBusinessDepartment, alongside
a pair of properties (department / departmentOf) that associate a
LocalBusinessDepartment with a LocalBusiness. For simplicity a
LocalBusinessDepartment is also considered a LocalBusiness (thus
inheriting all applicable properties, our primary goal).

I'll try to flesh out with some full markup examples, but I hope this
sketch is enough to get some discussion moving.

cheers,