Re: new itemscope or not?

From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 20:15:30 +0100
Cc: "Dawson, Laura" <Laura.Dawson@bowker.com>, Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com>, "public-vocabs@w3.org" <public-vocabs@w3.org>
To: Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com>

On 7 Sep 2012, at 20:03, Ed Summers wrote:
> It would be interesting to know if the HTML spec allowed multiple
> identifiers, similar to how other HTML attributes work:

"The itemid attribute, if specified, must have a value that is a valid URL potentially surrounded by spaces."

http://www.w3.org/TR/microdata/#attr-itemid

So that would be 'no', not according to spec.

I've often wondered whether the schema.org 'url' property is meant to be synonymous with itemid. I'm not sure what happens in schema.org interpreters when you specify one/other/both/multiple urls...

Jeni
--
Jeni Tennison
http://www.jenitennison.com