Re: new itemscope or not?

From: Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 13:42:19 -0500
To: "public-vocabs@w3.org" <public-vocabs@w3.org>
On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 2:28 PM, Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com> wrote:
> > That is not an author.  That is a weblink identifier about an author
> entity
> > named William Shakespeare.
>
> Hey, I thought this list was immune to httpRange-14 discussion! :-D
>
> //Ed

Not entirely so. ;-)  But Laura hits upon it.  itemid 's are not always web
identifiers.  I wonder if it is logical to have an class property for "web"
identifiers ?  Similar to how in Freebase we have
/common/topic/topical_webpage ?  William Shakespeare's topical webpages
https://dev.freebase.com/m/081k8?links&property=/common/topic/topical_webpage
 and
Worldcat's full web identifier for him is
http://www.worldcat.org/identities/lccn-n78-95332

namespaces for identifiers (keys) might be overkill for Schema.org however
but might make perfect sense only for the itemid level :
https://dev.freebase.com/m/081k8?keys&domain=/common ??

--
-Thad
http://www.freebase.com/view/en/thad_guidry