Re: schema.org/sameThingAs proposal

Thanks for the update Dan!

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 11:21 AM, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org> wrote:
> For a motivating scenario, see IMDB's current schema.org descriptions
> (copied here from the Wiki page),
>
> <h4>Stars:</h4>
> <a  href="/name/nm0048982/"   itemprop="actor">Tom Baker</a>
> and <a  href="/name/nm3035100/"   itemprop="actor">Hans Peter Brondmo</a>

So how would sameThingAs be used in this example?

I'm finding it a bit hard to disambiguate between the use of
schema:url and schema:sameThingAs. I don't see how calling it
sameThingAs makes it easier to "reconstitute a useful
entity-relationship data graph from markup"; if anything I think it
could make it harder, since now you have to look for two itemprops
(schema:url and schema:sameThingAs) instead of one. Can you flesh out
the difference a bit more either here, or on the wiki page?

One argument that could potentially be made is that 'url' is (in name)
constrained to resolvable, mostly http URIs ... whereas sameThingAs
could point at URIs (URNs, etc). But I'm not sure this is a terribly
convincing argument :-)

//Ed