Re: Proposal for a Demand item type

From: elf Pavlik <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 14:45:43 +0000
To: public-vocabs <public-vocabs@w3.org>
Excerpts from Christian Bäuerlein's message of 2012-01-05 22:11:10 +0000:
> Hey everyone,
> I was wondering why there is no complement for the Offer item type.
> There are a lot of platforms out there that try to connect supplies and
> demands of users (e.g. craigslist, or in my case: car pooling), but at
> the moment you can only describe the offers using schema.org items.
> So I propose the introduction of an item that describes a "wanted"
> thing, something a person looks for.
> I created a first draft and would like to hear your feedback. Is there a
> possibility to introduce this new type to schema.org?
> You can see my example here:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1523969/microdata/Demand.html
> Please note that I didn't create any special sub-types, but reused
> existing ones, as I want to hear your opinions first.
> Thanks,
> Christian

interesting, lately i have started this community group to work on topic of wishes/offers, their matching, dependencies and various systems to arrange transactions (including ones not based around use of any kind of currency)

i guess demands/offers could come useful to use in there...

~ elf pavlik ~
(living strictly moneyless already for over 2 years)