Schema.org property cardinality and use of plural (WAS Re: SoftwareApplication proposal for schema.org)

Looking at this brought up a previous question. I see that properties such
as operatingSystems are given plural names. However, it could look
confusing in microdata.

For example:

<ul>
  <li itemprop="operatingSystems">OSX 10.6</li>
  <li itemprop="operatingSystems">Windows 7</li>
</ul>

This was previously brought up in Issue
5<http://www.w3.org/2011/webschema/track/issues/5>,
and I pointed out the kinds of confusion using the plural in that way might
cause for content authors. Has there been any further discussion?

-Lin

--
Lin Clark
DERI, NUI Galway <http://www.deri.ie/>