Re: attachments to CreativeWorks

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 2:25 AM, Will Norris <will@willnorris.com> wrote:

> first couple, of what will likely be many, implementation questions:
>
> - how would folks recommend representing a short textual creative work
> like a twitter post?  CreativeWork doesn't seem to have a place to put the
> body of the post, so would that then require the use of Article (so you can
> use articleBody)?  I guess for something like a tweet, you could
> potentially put the full message into the description of a generic
> CreativeWork, but that doesn't seem to work as well for longer posts like
> Google+ supports.  By the way, is there a general rule of thumb that folks
> are using for the maximum length  a description value should be.

 That's a good question.  I assume the markup needs to be included?
 Unfortunately, I don't believe the microdata spec allows for picking up
markup as part of a value.... but this seems like a common/important use
case.

> - how would you represent supporting media objects for a creative work?
>  For example, a photo that is part of a blog post.  At first glance,
> associatedMedia looks like it would be the right property given its name.
>  However, the description states that it is a synonym for encodings, which
> throws me off a bit.  Personally, I reading encodings as being an alternate
> representation of the work (equivalent to a <link rel="alternate">).  It's
> exactly the same resource, only with a different encoding.  Based simply on
> the name, I read associatedMedia as being roughly equivalent to a <link
> rel="enclosure"> or more generic <link rel="related">.  That is, it's a
> different resource.

That description doesn't make any sense to me either.  My understanding was
Thing/image, CreativeWork/audio and CreativeWork/video were meant to be the
representations of the object itself... and I would assume associatedMedia
would be what you want.