Re: Richer information in the microdata than in the visible content in the HTML page: what is the good practice ?

Google, in it's rich snippets article on microdata [1], has this to say:

"In general, Google won't display content that is not visible to the
user. In other words, don't show content to users in one way, and use
hidden text to mark up information separately for search engines and web applications. You should mark up the text that actually appears to your users when they visit your web pages."
"There are a few exceptions to this guideline. In some situations it
can be valuable to provide search engines with more detailed
information, even if you don't want that information to be seen by
visitors to your page."

The examples of "exceptions" Google lists are markup for ratings and the duration of an event - not too dissimilar to the sort of thing you have in your code.

The schema.org example [2] for UserInteraction shows interactionCount only in the code, though the counts are also visible in plain text (somewhat disingenuously, in my opinion).

In the absence of Google sanctioning specific non-visible markup (the sort of thing they're always loathe to do, I think largely so users that subsequently try to game such things can't claim they had "permission" to do) I think common sense must prevail.  Numeric values that may be useful to search engines but not necessarily to users seem reasonable.  And I can't imagine a scenario where Google is going to dampen rankings or de-index a resource where there's valid, honest but non-visible metadata markup - the worst that is likely to happen is that Google simply ignores the markup (but it still might be useful to you - for example, in a Google CSE implementation).  I think your interaction events fall into this category.

Cheers, Aaron

[1] http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=176035&topic=1088472&ctx=topic
[2] http://schema.org/UserInteraction