RE: Process Question

From: Olson, Peter <polson@marvel.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 09:19:09 -0500
To: "Dan Brickley" <danbri@danbri.org>, "Guha" <guha@google.com>, <public-vocabs@w3.org>
Thanks - The draft for both periodicals and comics has been posted here: http://www.w3.org/wiki/PeriodicalsComics.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Brickley [mailto:danbri@danbri.org]
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 1:51 PM
To: Guha; Olson, Peter; public-vocabs@w3.org
Subject: Re: Process Question

On 1 February 2012 19:44, Guha <guha@google.com> wrote:
> The most important thing to do is to get traction (in terms of
> discussions, consensus, publisher support) from the community. After that,  it is easy.

Yes. I think we should also try to take care to get some non-English language examples with each proposal. Japanese was mentioned here and that would be great.

Peter - feel free to use our area of the W3C Wiki to keep drafts and proposals - http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas - or at least link them for others to find.

As Guha says, schema.org isn't very formalist regarding review. But the more consensus we see around a proposal, the more sensible it seems to us to adopt it.

> guha
> On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 2:24 PM, Olson, Peter <polson@marvel.com> wrote:
>> Hi List –
>> A few weeks ago I submitted the Marvel draft for several schema
>> pertaining to comics.  We were wondering what the process is for the
>> consideration and adoption of new schemas once they are submitted.
>> Basically, should we just start to evangelize and get comments from
>> the wider comics industry or should we wait for a more formal review
>> from schema.org?  Apologies if this is answered somewhere else – we just couldn’t find it.
>> -peter
>> Peter Olson | VP, Web and Application Development | Marvel
>> Entertainment

Nothing contained in this e-mail shall (a) be considered a legally binding agreement, amendment or modification of any agreement with Marvel, each of which requires a fully executed agreement to be received by Marvel or (b) be deemed approval of any product, packaging, advertising or promotion material, which may only come from Marvel's Legal Department.