From: Dave Caroline [mailto:dave.thearchivist@gmail.com]
Sent: 28 August 2012 11:15
To: Dan Brickley
Cc: Public Vocabs; Suliman, Suraiya H; Greg Grossmeier; Thomas Baker; Stuart Sutton
Subject: Re: Proposal for an additional term: mediaType

>  - Duplication Master
>

> Greg, Suraiya, ... can you say a bit more about your usage scenario?
> What kind of record would 'Calculator' or 'Duplication Master' appear

To me that is really a provenance thing, as in a lossy copying chain it is the original with least noise/errors i.e. in the old analogue TV days a program would be mastered to tape  then copies sent to stations for transmission or master on one format (1" reel) sent to a duplication company and the copies made in production on another format(VHS) for the domestic market.

Dave Caroline