Re: Proposal for an additional term: mediaType

From: Dave Caroline <dave.thearchivist@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 11:15:11 +0100
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Cc: Public Vocabs <public-vocabs@w3.org>, "Suliman, Suraiya H" <suraiya.h.suliman@lmco.com>, Greg Grossmeier <greg@creativecommons.org>, Thomas Baker <tom@tombaker.org>, Stuart Sutton <sasutton@dublincore.net>
>  - Duplication Master
>

> Greg, Suraiya, ... can you say a bit more about your usage scenario?
> What kind of record would 'Calculator' or 'Duplication Master' appear

To me that is really a provenance thing, as in a lossy copying chain
it is the original with least noise/errors
i.e. in the old analogue TV days a program would be mastered to tape
 then copies sent to stations for transmission
or master on one format (1" reel) sent to a duplication company and
the copies made in
production on another format(VHS) for the domestic market.

Dave Caroline